Monday 18 February 2013

My review on "The India Blackout/grid disturbance" - 30,31st July 2012


My presentation on review of July 2012 blackout in India has been published.

You can view the presentation here:



"In July 2012, India faced one of the worst blackouts, where almost 48,000 MW of load got disconnected from the New Grid. More than 600 million people were affected by the blackout.
What led to the blackout which lasted two days? Did it happen because of bad grid infrastructure? or failure in following the set processes?

Central Electricity Regulatory Commission(CERC) investigated the causes, recommendation and future course of action. We found the report from CERC very interesting and thought that it would be useful to you as well. We have put the information in a more easily digestible form – in a power point slide deck. The ppt is shared below. Do let us know your comments."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Update - 2019

I have been away for the last couple of years. I have now moved to Canada and continuing my passion in the Solar space. I would like to inf...